- People — We serve all ages and abilities.
- Programs — We provide varied opportunities for kids and adults in the Ukiah community.
- Service — We offer the highest quality of service through the dedicated efforts of our board and staff
A safe and fun place for kids and adults.
- Process began in 1997, and construction ended in 2012
- Building is worth about $6.5 million. The annual budget is about $100,000.
- We have received donations from more than 400 community members and entitites.
- We partner with Boys and Girls Club, ARC Family Resource Center, City of Ukiah and Ukiah Unified School District
- 9,500 square foot gymnasium
- 6 basketball hoops
- Tournament basketball court with bleachers
- 11,000 square foot youth center
- 2 public meeting rooms
- 1,350 square foot conference room
- Catering kitchen
- Indoor games area
- Outdoor play area
Who is Served and How:
Open ARRC, when the facility is open for free to the community, is now happening every Friday night from 8 – 11 pm and every second and fourth Sunday each month from 12 – 4 pm.
Boys and Girls Club serves hundreds of children aged 6 - 18 at the ARRC with after school activities throughout the school year and during the summer.
The Family Resource Center serves families at the ARRC with bilingual/bicultural staff providing parenting classes, immigration services, fitness activities, health insurance applications, car seats, and other family support.
The City of Ukiah Recreation Department serves thousands of participants at the ARRC with community classes and sports classes and events in the gym.
The ARRC is co-located on the campus of Grace Hudson Language Academy. Each day its 450-plus students utilize the Beckstoffer Gym for Physical Education as well as special events like UUSD’s Student of the Month presentations and SPACE dance classes.
The ARRC Board of Directors raises funds to provide scholarships to community groups aligned with the ARRC mission. Some recipients of scholarships include Special Olympics, GLAM local group of LGBTQ teens, and ABC Opportunities Day Program for adults with disabilities.